News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Oddsea's Character Barrel

Started by oddsea, April 04, 2006, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddsea

It's mostly for connection/networking purposes. Rather than having (IMHO) an impersonal portfolio site, I can have alittle camp on forums that lets me interact with publishers and buyers directly. Think of it like an artist's booth at a convention. You can come up to the booth (or thread), meet & greet with the artist, look at current work and start building a repoire with them.

A majority of the images posted are just personal sketches and help serve publishers that follow-up with an assignment. They can tell me which concepts or styles they like specifically by the character's name or day. Freelance-wise, that helps alot since it saves time & direction on both ends. Some of the sketches have been sold outright as reduced-price commissions since the artwork is already done but its not the purpose of them. I love thumbing thru sketchbooks and I'm sure that others do as well. If it creates a connection with people, all the better!

BTW, I'll be attending the San Diego ComicCon if anyone wants to meet-up for slurpees. seriously.

oddsea

Day 27 - Murderer of Briar's Wood!

"With a heart bound with twine, revenge shall be thine"
- Murderer of Briar's Wood

oddsea

I'll be attending San Diego Comic Con. IM or email me if you would like to do a portfolio review, meet & greet, or just get drinks!

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

Well, I think this experiment has shown me what I needed to know. You asked if it was OK to post in this fashion, and I said sure, let's see how it goes, and now I know. It's time for it to be over, and I suggest that you look into maintaining a website for promoting your work.

This thread is now closed.

Best, Ron