News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Employment Thread

Started by Nathan P., April 05, 2006, 01:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

Let us harness the power of networking. If you need a job, now or in the near future, post your skills and general location, and lets see if anyone can give some hot tips.

I'll need work come June. I'm a theatre technician and designer. Set design and sound design are my dual blades of awesomeness, but I'm also a competant carpenter and sound engineer, and a fairly decent general electrician. I'm good at general production (sound & light & projection setups for weddings, business conventions, etc) as well. I work well with people I like, and can fake it with people I don't. I'm also a pretty decent customer-service type, with skills honed by years of visitors to my university asking me where the bathroom is. I would like to get more competant with graphic design-y and layout-y stuff, but don't really have the leet skillz to actually be paid. An internship, perhaps?

I'm in Boston, MA.

[So, this thread is half to show off your skillz, and half to get a job. Injoy]
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Bryan Hansel

I sure could use a couple more shops, say 10, carrying my prints this summer along the North Shore of Lake Superior in MN, and I wouldn't mind a part-time canoe or kayaking guide job this summer.  And I'll never turn down commercial landscape or aerial photo shoots in northern WI or northern MN.  Aerial in the UP, also, because that's a quick hop across the lake in a plane for me.  Send them my way if you have them.

Andy Kitkowski

I do not need a job, because my job, while busy as hell, is a job I love, in a location that I love, working with an awesome team for awesome managers and directors and VPs that are doing great works for business and humanity.

But I have the opposite offer:

1) If you are SOLID (3-5 years or more exp) with Windows, Unix/Linux, or both in the "Systems administrator" capability, and want to continue a career doing that with solid storage...
2) If you don't mind relocating to the wonderful (but fucking hot) Triangle Area of NC, with Me Clinton Jason M Remi Mark C Johnathan Walton (for a few weeks anyway) Lisa and Eric P and tons of other awesome folk...
3) If you want a job that will kick your fucking ass and blow your fucking mind...

PM me.  I work doing high level enterprise support at Network Appliance (www.netapp.com), one of the consistently "Top 100 Companies to Work For". It's awesome here, and when the next business year starts in a month, we're gonna be hiring a bunch of folks. I've already brought in about four people here, and they love the job, too. But something everyone has in common is that they love learning new things, love working with people (this is not a "lock yourself in a server room and don't talk to people" job), and dig high tech shit.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Chris Goodwin

I have some really excellent customer service and Windows hardware and software, printer, and LAN troubleshooting skills.  Medium Linux and Windows admin skills.  I've done desktop support and hardware/software testing jobs.  I'm in need of a job as of, well, yesterday (literally, the day before today as I type this). 

I'm in the Portland, Oregon metro area (Beaverton, to be precise). 
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com