News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Seaguy... what's up with, well, the whole thing?

Started by James_Nostack, April 05, 2006, 09:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James_Nostack

So there's already a thread on deciphering Watchmen.  But what about Seaguy, written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Cameron Stewart?  Spoilers ahoy!

While I enjoyed the hell out of it, I do not claim to understand any of it.  I will observe that certain motifs run between Seaguy and the Invisibles, namely a primeval intelligence that lives on the moon, an intelligent liquid-thingy, and various double-agents and Orwellian conspiracies.

What the heck is Zullibdig?  What the hell is that stupid eyeball saying?  Does Seaguy get brainwashed, or not?  Are all the "animals" actually robots?  And what about Chubby??

If none of this makes sense to you, it's just like you read it anyway, so feel free to offer completely uninformed opinions since there's an even chance they're correct.
--Stack

joshua neff

I'm pretty sure it's in Grant Morrison's run of "weird & cool pop superheroes, full of mad & beautiful ideas, to inspire and delight people." So, if you were inspired and/or delighted by it...SUCCESS!
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

James_Nostack

I was inspired and confuzzled.  I could stand with 10% less confuzzlement.  GIDT.
--Stack