News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Werewolf (the card game)

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, April 21, 2002, 10:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

Heard about it this weekend...just found out that it is a published game. It sounds like a blast.

http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Werewolf/About.html
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Buddha Nature

Well, it actually looks as though you don't have to buy the game, just read the rules and go for it.

-Shane

Galfraxas

Imagination is the key to inner peace. Do you know which door it lies behind?

reptile2k1

Looks funny... I still have some blank cards lying around, but I guess I can never get enough people to play it!
A good set of rules fits on less than 4 pages!

reptile2k1

Errrrrrrrrr.... Question: Can the Seer be eaten by the Werewolves as well?

Galfraxas

Yes, The Seer can be eaten by the Werewolves, because the Seer is just as killable as the Normal People. (If you're playing Mafia, replace Seer with Angel, Werewolf with Mafia, and Normal People with Civilians.)

Tim Boser
Imagination is the key to inner peace. Do you know which door it lies behind?

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: GalfraxasYes, The Seer can be eaten by the Werewolves, because the Seer is just as killable as the Normal People. (If you're playing Mafia, replace Seer with Angel, Werewolf with Mafia, and Normal People with Civilians.)

Tim Boser

I never got that. Why not call the Seer character in Mafia, "The Informant"?
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

reptile2k1

Hehehe

The most funny thing will be to see the werewolves talking the rest of the townsfolk into eating the seer (even though they don't know who it is)... Mwahahaha...

I am going to test it on the next birthday party I go to (monday!!!)...

morien

Greetings all :)

A french version of the game ("les Loups Garous de Thiercelieux) you're talking has been released for a while.
The interesting thing is that new roles are offered, including :

- The Little Girl. While Werewolves are hunting, she can open her eyes in order to recognize the beasts. If she's caught doing this, she's automatically the victim of the current night.

- The Hunter. If the Hunter happens to be the victim of the previous night, he reveals his role and points at a player who will be the victim of his gun. Unfortunately, his victim is often a poor innocent villager... Damned gun maniacs...

- Cupidon. Before game actually starts, while everybody else sleeps, Cupidon awakes and show to the Moderator two players who will be In Love with each other. The lovers can wake and recognize each other. If one of them dies, the other lover dies of sorrow. Tragic, but fun when one Villager is in love with a Werewolf.

I have to mention that this edition is very attractive...
The site is both in french and english ;-)

http://lesloupsgarous.free.fr/index.htm

Henry Fitch

The cool thing about an edible Seer is that the seer has to use his knowledge without giving away his role, or he'll be eaten right up in the next night.

I've actually seen two versions of Mafia. The other version has Mafia members instead of Villagers, undercover cops for Werewolfs, and I forget what for a Seer. Makes more sense than the italian village/angel version, if you ask me.
formerly known as Winged Coyote