News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Capes Lite questions

Started by joshua neff, April 12, 2006, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua neff

Actually, I already PM'd Tony a question about Capes Lite, which he answered. But now I have another one, and it seems silly to keep PMing him when the answers might help others (assuming other people are as dense as I am).

So, in the Capes Lite document. I think I'm good on everything, except Inspiration. Box 18 says, "Before or after the rest of your Action, you can spend that Inspiration to turn a die up to its value. So you can turn a one up to <whatever>, but you can't turn a six down to <whatever>."

Turn a die up to its value? Wouldn't its value be 6, since you're using only 6-sided dice? Or does "value" mean something else, in which case, what does "value" mean. What can you turn a die up to?
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Zamiel

Quote from: joshua neff on April 12, 2006, 08:05:16 PM
Turn a die up to its value? Wouldn't its value be 6, since you're using only 6-sided dice? Or does "value" mean something else, in which case, what does "value" mean. What can you turn a die up to?

In this case, when you resolve Conflicts, you gain Inspirations which are d6 of various values (depending on how they were matched up; if you won the Conflict with a roll of a 6, against your opponant's 4, you'd have an Inspiration 2). Its the value of the Inspiration referred to, here.
Blogger, game analyst, autonomous agent architecture engineer.
Capes: This Present Darkness, Dragonstaff

joshua neff

Oh, that makes much more sense. The pronouns were giving me trouble.

Thanks.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

dunlaing

pronouns are the antichrist

TonyLB

Alternately:  "Pronouns are a real problem, especially when talking to roleplayers.  They're just really lame that way."
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum