News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Identifiers, what are yours, whats their impact?

Started by Seth M. Drebitko, April 23, 2006, 03:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth M. Drebitko

So I was just wonder how you think people identify to your product by just skimming through it. Whats your strategy, and how much of an impact do you think it actually has. All in all if you don't have something for people to identify with lets all brain storm and help each other find our identifiers and really drive that as a marketing tool.

I personally am going to try and push a general theme of religious , and moral stickiness within my products, as well as publish them in an odd book size 8.5*8.5.  Any opinions on the way I am going to try and push my books as “mine”.

Regards, Seth
Sorry for  such a scatter brained post.
MicroLite20 at www.KoboldEnterprise.com
The adventure's just begun!

Luke

Identifiers must be visual and visceral. The book format is good, the religious themes not so much. Not unless you've got the crucifiction on the front cover. For my game, I have a logo, a format, a color scheme and an interior look that all say, "this is something that Luke did; this is Burning Wheel." In the source material, I stick to my vision and use my voice and informal tone to express the ideas. That's secondary to the visuals, though.

-L

Ron Edwards

Luke nails it. But before this discussion goes on, make sure to check out Presentation - as important as system?

If you have any more specific inquires or points for discussion, then continue with them here.

Best,
Ron