News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I Draw Maps

Started by tonyd, May 03, 2006, 04:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyd

I draw maps. That about sums it up. You can see a bit of my work here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37996594214@N01/sets/1291106/

I also drew a bunch of map tiles for John Harper's game Stranger Things which is likely to be available soon.

Most of my maps are fantasy urban settings with a  hand-drawn feel, but I'm anxious to diversify. I also do full-color hand painted maps.

This is a hobby for me. I'm looking for intersting RPG projects to work on to stretch my skills and have some fun. I would like to get paid, but I'm totally willing to work within your budget. I've also done some generic illustration such as vehicles and equipment drawings, but I don't/can't draw people. Here are some rough draft planets I did for a sci-fi project:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37996594214@N01/sets/72057594070669470/

You can send me Email at: tony *dot* dowler *at* gmail *dot* com. Cheers!
"Come on you lollygaggers, let's go visit the Thought Lords!"

Clay

The maps are absolutely lovely. I don't have a project currently to send your way, but I'm going to consider it very strongly.  Your style matches up very well with something I'm doing for The Shadow of Yesterday
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

tonyd

Thanks! I'm playing TSOY right now, so I'm pretty jazzed about the game.
"Come on you lollygaggers, let's go visit the Thought Lords!"

Larry L.

I was totally prepared to be all, "Yawn! More fantasy cartography." But wow! These are nifty. They actually look like some medieval-tech dude drew them, and not some Renn-fair guy with CAD software and tech pens. So anti- something WotC would do. I like them a lot.

Also, B1 in watercolors is swell.

What game are the space tiles from?

I'm eagerly awaiting Stranger Things.

dindenver

Hi!
  Those are some great maps, good job man!
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

L Willy Wick

Hey Tony,

Fun stuff.

I'm just entering the market for a map-maker...

I shot you an email with some questions.
L .W. W
GameWick Games

Coming soon... WEGS COPPER
The Wickedly Errant Game System
Copper Edition

Rob Kuntz

Very nice maps. Gives you a feel that you are there walking its streets