News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A slight problem with the flash generator

Started by Uhlrik, May 09, 2006, 08:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhlrik

I've made a lot of use of the Flash Click-n-Lock generator ( http://www.museoffire.com/Games/Downloads/ClickAndLock.swf ) in my own character design process. It's a really, really useful resource. I usually do my own characters from scratch, but I tend to riffle through some clicks as I go and frequently I find one that's close enough to what I want to just use it and tweak a bit. I'll talk a bit later about my own click and lock designs, but that's O/T.

I've observed a slight problem with the flash generator that I think needs to be fixed. In the skills area, selecting the "Seducer" Click template brings up the "Dock Hand" instead, in every page that allows for skill Clicks. I haven't got the software to modify flash things or I'd just do it myself. Thought I should bring it to Tony's attention.

Vaxalon

"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

TonyLB

Oh man ... that's just a world of wrong.  Yikes.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

drnuncheon

As long as we're doing bug reports, on the Minor Parts page:

* I don't get the Comic Sans (I think?) font in the Name field for the first two entries - I do for the last two.
* I can't get into the "Role" field at all
* The tab order makes baby Cthulhu happy because it is non-Euclidean.

and the big one:

* Tony has not been thanked enough for writing this because it is damn cool and a tremendous timesaver.

J

TonyLB

I will testify that I cannot thwart the smiles of the Baby Cthulhu.  There is (at least in my version of Flash) no ability to control tab order.  It is derived, on the fly, from the position of elements on the page through a formula which (bluntly) sucks in all the ways you have already seen.

The other stuff I should be able to fix.

Uhlrik

Quote from: drnuncheon on May 09, 2006, 10:37:36 PM
As long as we're doing bug reports, on the Minor Parts page:

* I don't get the Comic Sans (I think?) font in the Name field for the first two entries - I do for the last two.
* I can't get into the "Role" field at all

That's right, I forgot about those though I've encountered them repeatedly.

* The tab order makes baby Cthulhu happy because it is non-Euclidean.
Anything that makes the slimy little guy giggle is fine by me. He's so cute.

Quote* Tony has not been thanked enough for writing this because it is damn cool and a tremendous timesaver.

Absolutely. If only I had the flash-fu to make versions for all the reams of click and locks that I keep inventing. Tony is Da Man for making it.

matthijs

Quote from: TonyLB on May 09, 2006, 11:01:00 PMThere is (at least in my version of Flash) no ability to control tab order.

What version are you using? In MX, which I'm using, you can set the tab order in ActionScript like so:

QuotefunkyButton.tabIndex = 2;
uglyButton.tabIndex = 1;
interestingHelloSailorButton.tabIndex = 3;

TonyLB

Ah %$@^ ... I didn't want to plunk down more money into the constant grinding engine of Flash updates.  But that's a feature that's actually pretty damn useful.  'course it should have been in version #1 ... but I'm not bitter.

Uhlrik

Quote from: TonyLB on May 10, 2006, 12:07:23 PM
'course it should have been in version #1 ... but I'm not bitter.

It's kinda funny how that works. Except, y'know, that it's not funny.

MooseHole

I've started playing this game recently and am having a ton of fun with it!

Some current problems with the extremely flash generator:
1. Tab order is incorrect.
2. Unable to write in Role part of first minor character.
3. On print, the Name appears in the Role section of the first minor character and is in the Role font.
4. On print, the Name AND Role both appear in the Role section of the first minor character.

Tony, I have a current version of Flash and can update the file if you want to send it to me.  Thank you very much for this game and this tool!

MooseHole

Quote from: MooseHole on June 04, 2008, 04:47:38 PMSome current problems with the extremely flash generator:
Gah, I can't edit!  That should be extremely useful flash generator.