News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Developmental Editor

Started by Editor Drew, May 16, 2006, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Editor Drew

Hello all.  I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum and tell you that I'd be happy to field questions about the development side of any manuscript that you are working on.  I have 3 years experience as a Developmental Editor for a major medical publisher in the US. I have a Masters of Arts in English Literature and my professional resume includes developmental editing on five published textbooks and another three currently in production. Please note that I cannot claim to be a content expert on anything related to the gaming industry (although i've been a gamer for over 15 years), nor am I a copyeditor.  I am, however, familiar with the publishing process from development through production, marketing, and sales of textbooks...many of the same skills and principles that i've learned here are germane to the RPG publishing industry as well.  Please contact me by email if you have any personal questions or feel free to post a thread under the "Publishing" topic and I will try to respond in general terms for the benefit of all.

As ever,
  Andrew