News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ok, I just got the book yesterday...

Started by maddrjeffe, May 18, 2006, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddrjeffe

Boy my mailman was relived, I was starting to scare him hanging out at the box when he showed up.
First impressions, impressive cover, interior design and binding. All of these things exceeded my expectations, even though I had seen the cover and a hint of the design before. In your hands the book is very, very impressive.
All in all a very professional looking product. A quick skim of the text and the rules is all I have been able to do up till now. Rule wise there are few surprises, especially after the skype game sessions and the game reports here. My one question about metamorphisis has sort of been answered here,... but I may just try out whats in the text at first.

Setting, the setting is genius, Im definately feeling the Moorcock essence and digging the way mythology and modern life gel. The book certainly answers my question about humanity and how it deals with the sudden emergence of gods thought dead and buried. Plus it has a bit of a Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon feel. Im naming my first Aethership Ajax in honor of Flash anyway. As a GM I think you provided just enough to make the universe our own, while doling out just enough for us to get it. Thats important, because metaplot while important in many games often overshadows the characters.

I really think you outdid yourself in this.

Now this isnt going to be my final review or anything, I just wanted to say how much I like it.

/end rant and rave

Matt Snyder

Thanks! For all the strangeness I dealt with today, this is a wonderful bit of news. I'm very pleased you like the book thus far. Enjoy!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Luxferre

I also recieved the book yesterday, although I bought the pdf copy myself. I'm really liking what I've read so far - hey, anything that mixes poker with rpg can't be a bad thing! If I can scrape a tt group together, I think they'll love it. I'm going to invest in some poker chips, JD and possibly some ostentatious hats to add atmosphere! Great work, keep it up :)