News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Universalis Revised Update

Started by Valamir, May 25, 2006, 11:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

The first pass at the layout is back from Matt Snyder.  I think it looks very sharp with some new graphical elements giving it a more updated look.

Right now I'm busy checking the layout, getting all of the page references right, and doing a final edit.

The book clocks in now at 136 pages vs. 86 from previous printings.  The rules haven't gotten any longer but I've spent more time explaining how and why they work, including summaries that provide a quick overview of play, and adding a ton of side bars with Rules Gimmick ideas, design notes, and play suggestions.

The release price will be $20.00 which puts it in line with the latest batch of indie games of similar size being offered on IPR.

The new edition will have both a bar code and ISBN number.

Mike Holmes

Going to cave in to Hite, and put the price on the cover, too? ;-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Tony Irwin

Yay! How about some spoilers - are edge dice in this one? What about those cool lizard mounts with the laser cannons in their mouths?

Tony

Valamir

Mike, the price was on the cover for the last one :-)

I'll probaby put it on the cover for this one, even though it appears above the bars as part of the bar code.

Tony: Edge Dice are in the game but the crazy math part is gone.  Now, if you roll a tie in a Complication, whoever had the highest sum adds an Edge Die to their pool and you reroll.  For purposes of determining Bonus Coins the Edge Die counts just like a regular die instead of adding its total seperately.

That's the only real rule change, per se.

I did completely rewrite the Complications chapter to tighten down how things actually get done in a complication and make it more in line with how I actually play it.  Whether or not that will seem like a rules change depends on how closely your style of running Complications matched mine.

The art is unchanged, so yep the Slytheran Doom Cannon are still on their way to visit some whoop ass on Meadow village.

Aaron Smith

Must... reach... preorder... status...!

tetsujin28

Now with cheese!

Valamir

The final edits are done, the final cover is looking snazzy...I'll try and get it up this weekend...and the files are now at the printers.

I should have a proof in time to look it over next weekend.

Valamir

Well, between illness and bad internet connections I failed to get the cover up this week.  Maybe tomorrow.

But the proof has been approved so, now its up to the printers.

Aaron Smith

I am -really- looking forward to this, and I hope it's back from the printers soon! Well, regardless, as soon as it hits the shore and I know about it, I'll be buying another few copies. Gotta hook my friends again!