News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A funny moment from our Dogs game

Started by lumpley, June 16, 2006, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpley

J's running. Meg, Julia and I are the players.

Meg: So we're agreed, right? We'll all stay back here in this car [we're on a train], get off in a day and a half, no more trouble. Everyone's good with that?

Julia: Good.

Vincent: Yeah, perfect.

Meg: Sweet, good. Finally.

Julia: I just have to go have a talk with the cook.

Vincent: And somebody really needs to shoot that marshall; he's a jerk.

Julia: So you wait here?

Vincent: We'll be right back.

-Vincent

Judd

Stay in the car...no more trouble...riiiiight.

Not when a Mandate from the King of Life is hanging over your head and cold justice dangles from your hip.

So the train Back East is working out for ya?

lumpley

It's cool. J's running a really late period game - 1880, not 1840, like. So we've got Territorial Authority and Easterners crawling all over our promised land.

This town, some previous batch of NPC Dogs (whom I don't personally hold in very high regard) decided that the thing to do with a town was pack up a bunch of its people, put them on a train, and relocate them to some other town. We got to shepherd them some of the way.

We finished the town last night. This is my first time as a player, not GM, for a multi-session game, and I'm digging it. The gunfighting rules are giddy from this side! I'm like, rushing toward the brink - at the brink - REALLY at the brink - and - we're on! BAM!

-Vincent

Ben Lehman

Staying in one train car for a day never works.  You just have to wander around.

Plus, there's meals.

yrs--
--Ben

lumpley

Turns out they barricaded us in there! It was more a statement than a real thing, because we could just climb out and walk along the roof, but still.

The whole thing started when Cookie decided he didn't need to sell food to "those people." By the time we were on the train it'd blossomed into a full-blown thing. As you might expect.

My character, Sister May, converted a guy! He's a stone-cold outlaw named Deadwater, although she doesn't know that. He was pretending to be just a guy, and man alive he was glad for us to take him in, and his conversion's the kind of genuine that only comes from rolling dice over it. But she twigged enough of his true nature that she calls him "Brother Killer."

-Vincent

Meguey

I really did love the end.

So, Sister May (I don't hesitate or flinch) and Brother Jeb (I'm big and I'm hungry) go off looking for food and a way to get the dead Faithful man's body off the train with us, and bring down the whole gun-toting wrath of the Easterners. We're in the door-way of our own car, in the split-second before the marshal's goons shoot all the townsfolk under our care. Now, I have a personal thing about kids in danger. I don't like it, IC and IRL. Also, back when we had to climb up over a traincar, I'd filed away the 'train' bit. So, I think a long moment IRL, and then "I shoot the train coupling."

Vincent's jaw hit his chest. It was awesome. I was fully in the judgement place of 'body of a dead Faithful in the train' != 'lots more dead Faithful back here.'