News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSoY] Fanboy Mouth-foam Coolness

Started by Miedvied, June 29, 2006, 12:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miedvied

I can't really post up an elaborate actual play, because so much of it has totally blurred. I'll try to add high points later, if I can. Anyway, we (I and a friend) gave our first tentative run-through of TSoY earlier this afternoon. I just wanted to point out that he took Secret of the Sudden Knife in combination with Three Corners Magic, and quite handily made himself a court mage(that is, he used his magic as the surprise attack in question, using SotSK for bonus sucesses, as the secret does not stipulate a knife must be used).

I have no idea why I didn't think of this earlier, myself, but it was damned cool. He popped an Enthrallment spell on an NPC he was trying to manipulate, combo'd with SotSK. Pulled off a very successful stealth enthrallment that I thought was absurdly cool, as it just totally fit the subtlety and subterfuge feel we were going for. 

I just wanted to share the above in case anyone else wanted to use it. And basically to brag about how quickly and easily we got into it (I, who haven't played in ages, and he, who's never played any RPG), and quickly we were using the written rules to create total coolness. Clinton is a sexy man.
James Steinberg
http://www.miedvied.com