News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dave's quickref (split)

Started by Randulf, July 14, 2006, 06:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randulf

Quote from: Nev the Deranged on July 26, 2005, 02:20:35 AM
Demons are not required (unless commanded) to tell the truth, or to reveal anything at all about their actions on their own time. A demon's intentions are its own business, and anything it does reveal may be as much misdirection as truth.

Yes I'm resurrecting an old thread.

Can you, in fact, successfully command a demon to tell the truth?  I thought the only guaranteed true information in the game was the result of a Hint.

Thanks,
Scott

Ron Edwards

Split from this thread.

Do not post to an old thread again. Doing it by accident as a new guy is one thing, but to grin and say, look what I'm doing, that's fuckin' rude.

I have some advice for you. You are in a new place, and not only that, you are in a personal space in that new place. My forum, my threads, my game. My advice is, slow down. You cannot maintain a real dialogue across six threads. Enthusiasm is not enough.

I'm psyched you like my game, I like answering your questions, I'm glad you're here. But this is not neutral space. It is not the internet.

Don't apologize. Just slow down. Keep on with your great threads, but hold off on starting more. Slow down.

Best, Ron

Ron Edwards

Oh yeah! For the answer to your question, check out Questions after looking at quickref.

Best, Ron

Randulf

Thanks for the advice - didn't know you had a policy about thread necromancy here.  It's your house, I'll do my best to follow the social order, but is there a "do's and don'ts" thread that can help me learn the ground rules?

Randulf

Quote from: Randulf on July 14, 2006, 08:31:12 PM
Thanks for the advice - didn't know you had a policy about thread necromancy here.  It's your house, I'll do my best to follow the social order, but is there a "do's and don'ts" thread that can help me learn the ground rules?

D'oh, I missed the link to the Etiquette page in the sticky. I'll shut up and sit down now...