Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2022, 06:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "The Incredible Hulk" "ER" and Making My Character Suffer  (Read 3042 times)
LemmingLord

« on: July 14, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »

Poor David Banner. 

Poor Dr. Green.

These characters from two popular television shows get more than their fair share of getting messed with.  (Spiderman is another example, though perhaps to a lesser extent).  From a cpaes perspective, I think all the players who play them are against them to create dramatic tension at every moment.

If I put out a goal: <my hulk character> avoids hulking out and end up winning the conflict; do I have to narrate that he was successful or can I merely explain how he failed? 

I get the impression I can narrate whatever I want as long as it resolves the goal; whether or not it is in "my" character's best interests.. Am I wrong?
Sindyr

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »

If you win the conflict, you can narate ANY resolution of it.

-Sindyr
Sydney Freedberg

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 07:45:30 AM »

Yup. I once had a character that was really beginning to annoy Tony, so he slapped down a Goal to kill her -- and I thought, "yeah, this one's really done," so I fought vigorously to win the Goal, narrating how she was getting chopped to pieces, and when I won it, I narrated her dying, just in the way I wanted it instead of letting him control her last words and so on.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: