News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The forums suffer some SERIOUS performance issue - give hamsters more food?

Started by Sindyr, July 26, 2006, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindyr

Is there any plans to make the boards not as slow and laggy?  Any specific projects in place looking for donations?

Cause loading a forum post can take 20-40 seconds, and that quite frankly is unnaceptable.
-Sindyr

TonyLB

The forum is under the umbrella of the Forge forum system.  You can take it up in Site Discussion if you'd like.

But, man, just a bit of fair warning ... you go tellin' Ron and Clinton what is and isn't "acceptable" in the forums that they provide of you free of charge?  Oh man.  I bear no responsibility for the consequences to your ego or reputation.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

R. Jason Boss

Sure it's not ISP issues?  I've been on here all morning while multi-tasking and had no problem with the site at all speed-wise.

Jason

Vaxalon

Dude, warn me if you take this up with Clinton... cos I'm going to shut down my computer so I don't get blood on me.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Sindyr

Quote from: Sindyr on July 26, 2006, 11:59:13 AMAny specific projects in place looking for donations?

Let me rephrase:
"Cause loading a forum post can take 20-40 seconds, and that quite frankly makes me want to take steps to fix that, even unto the point of passing the hat."

Perhaps it's my ISP - I have two, Verizon and Adelphia.  Right now Adelphia's down.  When it comes back up let's see what happens.
-Sindyr

Sydney Freedberg

I've been posting happily all day with no lag; I think it's your ISP.

Clinton R. Nixon

Vax,

You made me laugh there.

Sindyr,

It's your ISP. The site is plenty fast. And yeah, your post was totally and absolutely full of entitlement.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Vaxalon

Good!  Making people laugh is almost as good as making them cry.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker