News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

(DITV) Understanding the mysteries of the d4

Started by baron samedi, July 27, 2006, 08:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glendower

Quote from: Warren on July 28, 2006, 06:23:41 AM
Couldn't you have just hugged her? I guess it depends on what counts as physical escalation for your group, but (for my group at least) "physical" doesn't mean "roughing up".

Oh man, I didn't think of that. I was thinking of raises like grabbing her shoulders and shaking her.  Or stomping on her pet spider.  Or pushing her into the kitchen and forcing her to learn to cook.  Hugging her never even occurred to me.  Heck, any kind gesture didn't occur to me.  I AM a MONSTER! *cries*

Man, there is a good reason to include a bunch of d6 and d8's in talking.  I got pretty damn frustrated with my d4s, and having to take the blow over and over and over.

One raise that came to mind: Her - "I can run faster, throw further, I can shoot a grouse at a hundred paces and none of the other boys can do that!"

My Taking the blow - "Yeah?  Well you still... should... huh.. Well.... a hundred paces?"

It was frustrating.  And it was awesome. 
Hi, my name is Jon.

Vaxalon

Physical not fighting response:

"Oh yeah?  Then race me!"
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker