News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Player Internationale!

Started by Hans, July 27, 2006, 09:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Sedlacek

In the beginning, God created the comic book universe.

And the book was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of its pages. And the narration of God moved upon the face of its cover.

And God said, "Event: Let there be light!"  He took a point of Justice debt from his "Godly Might" power and rolled a 6.  The comic book universe sprang into being, complete with a cool cover design.  He saw that it was good.

And God then narrated the creation of the details of the universe, the rocks, the trees, the animals, the killers robots, the alien planets, the skyscrapers with easily accessible ledges, and the sharks with lasers.  He saw that they were good.

And God said, "Event: There shall be many interesting characters in this comic book I have created."  He took a second point of Justice debt from his "Godly Wisdom" power and rolled another 6.  He saw that they were good.

And God said, "Goal: The characters of this comic book shall live in paradise and love for all eternity."  He checked off his Attitude "Godly Love" and rolled a 4.  He saw that it was good.

Now the serpent said, "This game is boring.  I will add an opposing side so that God is not playing alone."  He then got a point of Despair debt from his power "Sneaky Bastard" and rolled a 5 on the opposing side.  God and the serpent then each claimed a side.

God then staked his two points of justice debt to split his 4 into two 2's.  He then checked off his attitude of "Godly Mercy" and rolled a 5.  He saw that it was good.

But the serpent took another point of Despair debt and reacted to God's roll with his power of "Cause trouble where you least expect it", and rolled the 5 down to a 1.  God took a point of Justice debt and reacted with his power of "Godly Might" and rolled a 4.  He saw that it was good...not as good as a 5, but still good.

The serpent then staked his two points of Despair debt and split his 5 into a 2 and a 3.  He then used his "Aren't I too clever?" attitude to roll his 2 up to a 6.  The goal resolved in favor of the serpent, and God got 4 points of Justice debt shoved back in his face.  The serpent then narrated evil into the universe.

And God said, "Goddammit!  That wasn't what I had in mind at all...Oh, well, at least I get the story tokens."

Bret Gillan

I knew Capes rules would be perfect for that sort of thing. ;)

Hans

Quote from: Eric Sedlacek on July 27, 2006, 05:29:52 PM
And God said, "Goddammit!  That wasn't what I had in mind at all...Oh, well, at least I get the story tokens."

Ummm, wouldn't God say "Idamnit"?
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Andrew Cooper

He's God.  He gets to reference himself in the third person without being pretentious.  It's one of the perks.