News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Player Internationale!

Started by Hans, July 27, 2006, 09:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans

Quote from: Sydney Freedberg on July 26, 2006, 08:30:48 PM
freeform "commie" roleplaying

Role-players of the world, unite!  You have nothing to lose but the chains the bourgeois GM's have placed on you!  Gamemastering is the opiate of the people!  Sing with me...the Player Internationale!

Arise ye gamers from your slumbers
Arise ye rollers of the die
For reason in revolt now thunders
and at last ends the GM's lie
Now away with all rail-road solutions
Servile players arise, arise!
We'll change to conflict resolution
And spurn all Force to win the prize.

CHORUS

Then come players rally
Reject the GM role with haste
The Internationale
Unites the player race.

The Gamer's Revolutionary Security Directorate (GRSD) will be around shortly to root any remaining bourgeois GM thinking.  Any copies of GURPS, D&D and other similar bourgeois propaganda found will be confiscated and may result in a trip to a reeducation camp for your own good.  Don't worry, the guns are there for your liberation!
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

joshua neff

Oh, my Bolshevik blood is stirring!
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

TonyLB

Oh, this will not end well. :-) 

Somebody's gonna start talking about "Story Tokens from each according to their ability, to each according to their need," and then ...

Man, I'll just stand over here by this pitted concrete wall and wait.  I wouldn't want to inconvenience the firing squad.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: TonyLB on July 27, 2006, 09:52:00 AM
Somebody's gonna start talking about "Story Tokens from each according to their ability, to each according to their need," and then ...

There is a certain irony to having this thread in this forum.  There are few role playing games less communist than Capes.

Bret Gillan

Hans

Man, I'll just stand over here by this pitted concrete wall and wait.  I wouldn't want to inconvenience the firing squad.

You may be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes today, but someday, about 20 years from now, the party theoreticians will finally acknowledge your continuing grass roots popularity and will cleanse your record, coopting your persona into Party propaganda.  This will allow you to serve the Revolution in death in ways you never could in life.  Rest easy, comrade.
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Andrew Cooper

Hmmmm....

Actually, Capes is a very Christian game.  "..for whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him."

*Luke 8:18... if anyone cares.

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: Andrew Cooper on July 27, 2006, 02:14:55 PM
Hmmmm....

Actually, Capes is a very Christian game.  "..for whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him."

*Luke 8:18... if anyone cares.

Hmmmm indeed.  I've observed that Capes is the closest thing I have to religion these days.   Maybe we need some holy scriptures.  Since AC started us with The Light Under a Vessel parable...

"No man, when he hath earned an inspiration, covereth it with a character sheet, or puteth it in his backpack; but spendeth it on a goal, that they which play the game may see the light of his narrative genius."

Can I get a witness?!

Andrew Cooper

TonyLB

Quote from: Hans on July 27, 2006, 02:02:44 PM
You may be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes today, but someday, about 20 years from now, the party theoreticians will finally acknowledge your continuing grass roots popularity and will cleanse your record, coopting your persona into Party propaganda.  This will allow you to serve the Revolution in death in ways you never could in life.  Rest easy, comrade.

Which, of course, will feed right into the desire of the Capes-Religion nut-cases to have a martyr/savior.

Greeaaaaaat ....

Andrew Cooper

I'm thinking our religion is just going to have blood sacrifices.  No need for martyr/savior stuff here.  We just like laying the smack down on the unrighteous.

Eric Sedlacek

Quote from: Andrew Cooper on July 27, 2006, 03:11:46 PM
I'm thinking our religion is just going to have blood sacrifices.

Verily, that which thee sacrificeth shall cometh back to thee threefold in story tokens.

Quote from: Andrew Cooper on July 27, 2006, 03:11:46 PM
No need for martyr/savior stuff here.  We just like laying the smack down on the unrighteous.

No self-respecting Capes disciple would ever become a martyr.  It is against the Holy Comics Code.  We might, however, gloat on it a time or three.

Valamir

Capes Scripture, eh...

John 8:7
"He who is without Sindyr among you, let him be the first to throw a stone"

TonyLB

Hey, Ralph ... that looks to me like crossing the line into personal attack territory.

TonyLB

Quote from: Eric Sedlacek on July 27, 2006, 03:44:08 PM
No self-respecting Capes disciple would ever become a martyr.  It is against the Holy Comics Code.  We might, however, gloat on it a time or three.

"We only boiled you alive a little bit!  Quit yer whinin'!"