News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

GenCon Booth - Awards Banner

Started by lumpley, July 28, 2006, 06:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Morningstar

Yeah, The Roach was a Game Chef finalist ("Inner Circle") as well, if the accolades are going to dip that far down.

lumpley

Tempting as it'll be to include my own Diana Jones nomination, let's not include runner-ups.

-Vincent

Valamir

Universalis was "Most Innovative RPG" in 2002 from the Indie awards.

lumpley

btrc

Infinite Armies snagged an Origins Award this year, and the Stuff! supplement for EABA is nominated for an Ennie this year.

Greg Porter
BTRC

lumpley

Okay okay, I'm compiling the list and I'm waffling about the nominations. Some of those - Jennifer's Harvey Award nomination, especially - are a real big deal.

Fellow primary sponsors: do we list nominations? I'm listing Jennifer's either way, but what about everyone else's?

Also who won the 2005 Outie? I can't remember.

-Vincent

lumpley

Hey Greg, tell me the exact name of your award. Maybe it's just "2006 Origins Award," but I don't want to mess it up!

-Vincent

Paul Czege

My Life with Master
  winner of the diana jones award for excellence in gaming, 2004
  out of the box awards: best sui generis rpg of 2003
  indie rpg awards: indie rpg of the year, and most innovative game, 2003
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Joe J Prince

Didn't Bacchanal win best sui generis rpg too?

Contenders won a Ronnie back in October 2005!

Paul Czege

Joe, you're right of course. Thanks.

Bacchanal
  out of the box awards: best sui generis rpg of 2005
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clyde L. Rhoer

The post said to post about your own games but since these awards just got announced...

The Shab-Al Hiri roach was nominated for best card game, and Artesia was nominated for best roleplaying game in the Ogres Choice 2006 Awards, which is The Orge Cave Audio Reports award thing-a-ma-jig-ger. (Not sure if Artesia is Forgie, but I believe it's Indie)

Also in the not game category Indie Press Revolution beat out Wiz Kids for most influential. I think that is meant to be most influential company/force on gaming's future, but I don't remember them discussing the category as much as why they voted like they did. Clicky here for more.
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

Justin D. Jacobson

I'll chime in and agree that (despite the effect on my own nominations) that noms shouldn't be included. I also think that Ronnies shouldn't be inlcuded. It's a little incestuous/self-selecting for the purpose of the banner. These are essentially awards that [the Forge] gives to itself.

(I'm not intending to disparage them by any stretch. I just don't think it serves the function of expressing the quality of Forge products by noting awards given out by the Forge.)
Facing off against Captain Ahab, Dr. Fu Manchu, and Prof. Moriarty? Sure!

Passages - Victorian era, literary-based high adventure!

lumpley

Okay!

I'm'a list ENnies nominations, Diana Jones nominations, and a couple others but those are the biggn's. I'm going to list them small at the bottom; the idea is "dang that's a long list of award nominations but I'm not going to read it too hard."

So tell me your ENnies noms and Diana Jones noms.

Oh and I'm not going to list design-a-game contest wins, be it Ronnies or IGC or any.

Deadline: approaching. Who won the 2005 Outie? Was it one of us? I'm commiting a terrible faux pas by forgetting, I'm certain, but that's life.

-Vincent

Ben Lehman

Game Chef is up for a DJA.  It might be worth mentioning the Game Chef games.

yrs--
--Ben

Emily Care

2005 Outie was Bacchanal. Paul's got it locked up. : )

Barry Deutsch (illustrations for Breaking the Ice) winner of the 2000 Charles M. Schulz award.

Jennifer Manley Lee (illustrations and layout for Shooting the Moon) Ignatz Award nominee.

BtI honorable mention in KH's sui generis. (Nice but surely not includable.)
Nominee for Guide Du Roliste Galactique's Grog D'Or 2006.

Award *winning* seems like the key factor here.

best,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games