News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Bring It On!

Started by thwaak, August 03, 2006, 10:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thwaak

Heya,

Last night I was talking up PTA to my gaming group after our session ended, so we didn't have a lot of time to discuss it, and interest in it was across the board. Suddenly, one of the players said, "Could we do a game show?" After that, everyone was on board with the idea of playing, and jazzed. It's a TV show, about a gameshow.

Like I said, we didn't have a lot of time, but the initial idea concerns a gameshow called Bring It On! It's a Jeopardy-esque game show that deals exclusively with sports trivia, and markets itself to the jock crowd with commercials for it running during Football, Baseball, and Basketball games. The protagonists are the various production crew of the show. Specifically: producer, game show host, show girl (ala Vanna White), announcer, and trivia judge. There would be a supporting cast of grips, gaffers, editors, camera-operators, as well as the daily(!) revolving contestants of the show.

Naturally, there would be all sorts of relationships between everyone working the show, and their personal lives, as well as the audience, and production company. Plenty of conflict to throw around.  The one thing everybody agreed on was that at least half the cast, including the host, should hate sports. :-)

Hopefully, we'll be able to hammer something concrete out and be able to play it soon. If we do, I'll do an AP thread.

Thanks,
-Brent
- Brent Wolke
Currently writing Scairy Tales for Savage Worlds.
Currently mucking with Animated Heroes for myself.

Matt Wilson

Awesome.

I love Sports Night. I bet this would be just as cool.

joshua neff

Yeah, I remember how hard it was to get my Sports Night DVD back from you, Wilson.

Which is to say, I'm with Matt: this show sounds awesome. It's a TV show game about a game show!
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes