News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Space Opera Take on Well of Souls

Started by epweissengruber, August 15, 2006, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epweissengruber

I will be running a Space Opera take on The Well of Souls shortly.

I have posted my notes and my character sheets here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/HeroQuest-RPG/files/Space%20Opera%20and%20Well%20of%20Souls/

The labels allow players to custom build characters very quickly.  They just slap the characters on a sheet and away they go.

Der_Renegat

Hi!

How do you use the equipment in your game ?

Infiltration Suit (3w)
*   Electronic Countermeasures
*   Low-profile (heat, sound, radar, shielding)
*   Explosive Devices
*   Mini-nuke
*   Mini-neutron bomb

Does this work as a keyword ?
And what does a Mini-nuke at 3w ?

Christian

epweissengruber

Most of the time I don't stat out equipment
- if you say you have Sword and Shield I assume you have the equipment.
- if you want to have "OrcSlaying Dagger" then we stat it out.

Sometimes I want a signature piece of equipment.  As pure metagame I permit only one character to have that special piece of equipment.

Imagine that this specialized equipment is an Affinity.
- Within that Affinity are several Feats which may be used.
(Most of the time, I treat abilities as Abilities or sometimes as Spells from a Grimoire -- Abilities are broad, Spells are powerful but specific)

A mini-Nuke is a small thermonuclear device.  So it blows stuff up.  But in terms of resistance its not that hard to overcome.  So my villains get a roll to escape the blast, and other PCs can find ways to survive it.  I wanted the colour of characters being able to say "that building goes up in a vapour" or "the enemy ship ruptures inside of its force field, then the forcefield goes," but to not have ultimate power over all of the actants in the game.

It's just like a character having "Follower: Red Dragon (13)": sounds cool but it is not a game-breaker.

epweissengruber

The nuke didn't pose a problem -- the "Self-Destruct Key to the Fleet" did.

I mean, the conflict didn't obliterate the PC's -- notice that its rating isn't that good -- but I will leave it out next time.

epweissengruber