News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Occupation] Call for Playtesters

Started by daemonchild, August 15, 2006, 01:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daemonchild

Hello,

Occupation is a game set in the year 2554 based on the philosophy of futurism. Drawn from multiple disciplines, the setting is my vision of what the world might be like at that time with some obvious tweaks in order to make the game as playable as possible. Players will play for a faction (i.e. their "family" of sorts); there are limitless possibilities for conflict and interaction between players. Mechanics are extraordinarily simple, and are based on conflict resolution with a few tweaks. We also explore the possibility of declaring a "winner" at the end of the game, something that will affect the overall ebb and flow of roleplaying.

Within this futuristic setting, we ask the question "What if first contact happened in the midst of so much turmoil?" We do not describe alien landings, races or conspiracies, we leave that to the players' imaginations. Simply, we will provide an expansive setting and a framework to make the game entirely your own.

What we are looking for specifically is for people to playtest the mechanics and offer their view on whether or not they will work for longer-term campaigns. The game will be published under the Flames Rising label as both a print-on-demand publication and pdf, and is due out before the first of the year providing other aspects of production fall into place.

If interested, please join the Flames Rising playtest group. I will be available for any number of questions, as well as will be on hand to help build characters and such. Character sheet is rough, and will be finalized pending the game mechanics approval. All playtesters will be credited for their contributions; we will finalize credits before final production.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FRplaytest

Feel free to email me directly at: demonica@flamesrising.com if you have any further comments.

Regards,

Monica Valentinelli
Flames Rising.com
What are you afraid of?
Project Manager
http://www.flamesrising.com
What are you afraid of?