News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The reverse engineering challenge

Started by Kevin Allen Jr, August 15, 2006, 04:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent_Fresh

Tomas HVM

Got sick, and so I did not do the sheet until today. Hope it's not too late...
Tomas HVM
writer, storyteller, games designer
www.fabula.no

Dustfather

Tomas HVM

Looking forward to the challenge now! Some of the sheets looks to be pain in the a... to design a game from, but I kind of hope one of them will blow my way anyhow. Can't be worse than a complete failure whatever sheet I get, and it may be that the worst sheet is a blessing in disguise...
Tomas HVM
writer, storyteller, games designer
www.fabula.no

Kevin Allen Jr

Alright, the fix is in. Part 2 has begun

Get cracking you beasts, make a game, send it to me when your done. You have till Sept 13th.

You must work alone; but you may talk with anyone you want about any part of the process. Games are better when they aren't made in a vacccuuume. BUT, lets put a big no-go on talking to the original designer of the sheet. You can't ask them for advice AND as the designer of a sheet, you can't offer it to the person makeing your game.

Asking for the font or image files is fair, though.

I use to many capitol letters.

We will work on voting on sheets when we work on voting on games. That PART 3, silly.

To the salt mines you slugs!
Primitive: a game of savage adventure in the prehistoric world

NeuroZombie

I am so screwed with the sheet that fate has handed me!  LOL!

Dustfather

Oh my, my, my :) Ok, to get cracking on a game for this sheet.

BeUrgaust

Death and dice level all distinction. -- Samuel Foote, The Minor

Kevin Allen Jr

Mike, you are designing a game for Carl Muckenhoupt's sheet.

If you believe you were left out, go back to my site to check there has been updates of the list (if everything was kosher for you, don't worry, nothing has changed.
Primitive: a game of savage adventure in the prehistoric world

BeUrgaust

Dustfather

Well, this is taking me a little longer than I thought it would... you are an evil man Mr. Cleaver!

NeuroZombie

I have tried two different approches to my sheet and just cannot seem to get a workable RPG... I could probably do a board/card game out of it but... :(

andrew_kenrick

Neurozombie - could you somehow merge the idea you had for a board/card game with an rpg concept? Who's to say that the two can't overlap?

Which sheet did you end up with anyhoo?
Andrew Kenrick
www.steampowerpublishing.com
Dead of Night - a pocket sized game of b-movie and slasher horror

BeUrgaust

I'm having troubles pulling what the abbreviations on the character sheet for the main stats mean. It seems from the rest of the sheet that language itself is a primary mechanic but I can't figure out the following are abbreviations for:

IRA
INV
AVA
LUX
GUL
ACE
SUP

Could I get suggestions from everyone except Mr. Muckenhoupt.

thwaak

Quote from: BeUrgaust on September 08, 2006, 01:31:32 AM
I'm having troubles pulling what the abbreviations on the character sheet for the main stats mean. It seems from the rest of the sheet that language itself is a primary mechanic but I can't figure out the following are abbreviations for:

IRA
INV
AVA
LUX
GUL
ACE
SUP

Could I get suggestions from everyone except Mr. Muckenhoupt.

The easiest thing to think of is grab a dictionary and look up those three letters for each and see what words follow. For example:

SUP leads to Superior, Supportive, Superlative, Supreme, Supper, Suppose, Supposition....

If the game is about language, then look through a dictionary and take words that relate to language that start with your 'prefix'.

Good Luck
- Brent Wolke
Currently writing Scairy Tales for Savage Worlds.
Currently mucking with Animated Heroes for myself.