News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Polaris: Ending a Scene

Started by Martin Higham, August 24, 2006, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Higham

I've just read through the Polaris rules for the first time and am looking forward to playing it this weekend.

I had one question from the rules regarding ending a scene. On p78 under Some Advice for the Moons it mentions that a Moon can end a scene AND SO IT WAS... at the end of a conflict. I can't find any reference to this within the main rules text. In fact the only other mention of ending a scene I can find is on p60 where the rules state that "When the scene comes to a natural end, either the Heart or the Mistaken can end it ...".

So are there two ways to end a scene - one for the Heart/Mistaken and one for the Moons?

I also noticed a small typo on p74 in the Example: "...has come in the knight..." is the wrong kind of night.

Arturo G.

Hi, Martin!

I was not aware of this rule. But don't worry too much.
In our group it came up naturally that any player (including moons) may suggest at any moment that it is a good point to end the scene. For us, the heart and the mistaken should agree on it, but typically it is a group decision/agreement.

Good luck, and enjoy Polaris!
Arturo

Ben Lehman

Welcome to the forum!

Only the Heart or the Mistaken can end a scene, or use any key phrase at all.  Either the text is incorrect or you've read it wrong.

I hope you enjoy the game.

yrs--
--Ben