News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Any problems since the move?

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, May 12, 2002, 12:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Well, obviously, we've now moved. If anyone has any questions, or comments, or notices any problems, please let me know. Thanks!
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Matt Machell

If I click on the articles link, I get the start of a page, followed by the following PHP code:

$title by "; } else { echo "$title by "; } if ($author_email) { echo "$author"; } else { echo "$author"; } echo "
$description\n

"; } mysql_close ($link); ?>

Thought tou might like to know.

Matt

Mike Holmes

I'd like to say that so far I am getting the best response times I have ever gotten. Great job Clinton.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Clinton R. Nixon

Mike - thanks. The new server has a lot higher bandwidth allocation than the previous one.

Re: Articles and reviews problems. I've seen 'em, and I know why they're happening. I'm planning on putting a new system in place for reviews and articles - the problems should be gone in a day or two when the new system is active.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jake Norwood

So is this the permanent home of the Forge? Is that "THE FORGE HAS MOVED" page always going to be there now or what? Do I need to update my links, etc...

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Clinton R. Nixon

Jake,

No bookmark updates necessary - DNS (Domain Name Service) will catch up with you within about 24 hours, at which time http://www.indie-rpgs.com/ will take you right here. (It's already caught up with me, and I suspect many other.)

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Zak Arntson

New server is awesome. Thank you so very, very much.

xiombarg

Quote from: Clinton R NixonRe: Articles and reviews problems. I've seen 'em, and I know why they're happening. I'm planning on putting a new system in place for reviews and articles - the problems should be gone in a day or two when the new system is active.
Okay, just to add to your data, I'm seeing it as well in the Articles section:

$title by "; } else { echo "$title by "; } if ($author_email) { echo "$author"; } else { echo "$author"; } echo "
$description\n

"; } mysql_close ($link); ?>
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Blake Hutchins

Clinton R. Nixon

Articles and reviews are now fixed.

De Management
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games