News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

MACE, High Point, November 10-12

Started by David Artman, September 06, 2006, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafael

Yo,

David, yeah, I'm running three games on Saturday.  But I don't have anything for Sunday at that time slot (not gonna be there), so it looks like this wouldn't work out.

I misunderstood your initial post -- I thought you were just looking for games to GM at the con.  I'm sorry about the confusion.

-- Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

David Artman

Quote from: rafael on September 13, 2006, 10:56:30 PMI misunderstood your initial post -- I thought you were just looking for games to GM at the con.  I'm sorry about the confusion.

YOU'RE sorry? That's generous, as *I* am the one making this harder than it has to be. :-)

In fact, your thoughts were correct, up to a point--I was looking for games with a plan to solo on my own table. After initial queries, however, it turned out that we couldn't get another table for indie RPGs; so I changed the plan to being an assistant or replacement, not a soloist. That's where I'm at now: seeing if and how I can help out already-registered sessions.

Thanks for the initial offer, though; and *I'm* sorry for the confusion;
David
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

Sovem

Holy crap... a convention? In High Point? And I've never heard of it?!

Man, this is awesome. I just happened to see this thread listed in the "Latest Post", otherwise I never would have heard of it.

So I'm dying to go, now. But I've never been to a convention before--can anyone give me some information? And I don't mean like a website or anything, I'm talking about experience. What do people do at a convention? How do you sign up for demos? What should I expect? That kind of thing.
Aww man, I'm so excited! And members of the Forge who live so close--who knew? (I live downtown G'boro, by the way).

If y'all don't want to clutter up this thread, feel free to PM or email.

Thanks!!
John
Mythos Initiative
Divinity Horizons Power 19

Jason Morningstar

Hi John,

Greensboro represent!  I'm married to a fiercely proud UNCG alumna.

This probably isn't the place to discuss what MACE is like, but bring it over to story-games.com or PM me and we can chat until dawn.

--Jason

ShaneJackson

Will some kind soul show me how to play Dogs in the Vineyard at MACE?  I usually GM things, but I haven't wrapped my brain around Dogs yet and would like someone experienced to show me how it should work.  I can probably scrounge up a few more potential players.

Andy Kitkowski

I just checked the schedule, and it doesn't appear that any Dogs is going down this year.  There's lots of other stuff going on, though.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

ShaneJackson

Quote from: Andy Kitkowski on September 28, 2006, 12:47:29 PM
I just checked the schedule, and it doesn't appear that any Dogs is going down this year.  There's lots of other stuff going on, though.

-Andy

Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed by that.  The other game I'd really like to play before I run it is HeroQuest.  Still, I'm sure I'll keep myself occupied.

I haven't attended MACE before.  Is there any pick-up gaming, or do most people stick to the scheduled events?

--Shane

Andy Kitkowski

There can be pickup games, but most folks do just sit in on scheduled events.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Eric Provost

Yeah, no DitV unfortunately.  Last year I was the one to run Dogs at MACE, but I've kinda given up on running it at conventions.  It's exhausting trying to get to all the good stuff in just four hours.

But here's a list of Forgie-type stuff that is going to be at MACE this year, in no particular order;

• Tenra Bansho Zero
  • Burning Wheel/Burning Empires Demos with Luke himself
  • Dread
  • My Life with Master
  • The Infected
  • The Shab-al-Hiri Roach
  • The Mountain Witch
  • Primetime Adventures

And, if enough indie-minded folks show up, I'm sure you'll be able to find players for just about anything you want to get a game of.

-Eric

Eric Provost

Dang, I somehow managed to miss to indie games on the list.  And I was looking right at them when I was writing too.

• The Shadow of Yesterday
  • Cold City

Forgie games are all over MACE this year. 

If any of you NC locals are hesitating about showing up this year, then stop.  Drag your ass to MACE.  Ron McClung, the RPG organizer, is a little nervous about filling all the indie tables.  I think it would be totally awesome if we had our indie tables full to the gills so that Ron wouldn't ever have to worry about us again.  I want Ron to think I need more of these indie people next year!  So, if you want there to be a local con where you can be confident about finding the indie scene, MACE might just end up being that.  But this year might just be pivotal in making it happen.

Show up.  Bring your friends.  Let's show MACE the crazy excitement of indie gamers. 

Mel White

Ganakagok will also be at MACE!  Saturday night...
Mel
Virtual Play: A podcast of roleplaying games
http://virtualplay.podbus.com

forlorn1

And I',m running Inspectres Saturday night...

jeff

David Artman

Looks like I'll be able to bring along Perfect (and maybe Passages, by then), if it will help fill out the Sunday morning round-up options.
David
Designer - GLASS, Icehouse Games
Editor - Perfect, Passages

rafael

Well, I originally wasn't going to run anything on Sunday.  But, after thinking about it, I decided to go ahead, so I'll be running a total of five sessions of Dread at MACE.  Yikes.

-- Rafael
Rafael Chandler, Neoplastic Press
The Books of Pandemonium

Jason Morningstar

Check the MACE "indie"-flagged line-up:

Tenra Bansho (x2), Tahara/Arbiter, The Infected (x3), Shab-al-Hiri Roach (x2), PTA (x2), Little Fears (x2), Burning Empires (constant demos, one full session), TSOY, Dread (x5), Cold City, Garage Band, InSpectres, Burning Wheel, Ganakagok, My Life With Master, Mountain Witch.  Plus an "indie games roundup" pick-up session.  27 sessions, plus demos. 

Not only is that a lot of independent gaming goodness, but there are two games on there I have never heard of.  Super exciting!