News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Nine Worlds] Points question

Started by Iskander, September 27, 2006, 09:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

Thor, that's true. But, it's also true of the widely varied player. Obviously, the difference is that the focused player tends to acquire more points and, hence, more Muses.

However, one issue may be that the less-focused player needs to work with the group to frame more varied scenes. Another trend I've noticed is that the GM really jumps after the focused player because it's easier, focused, and more exciting. It's a trick to remember to keep things shaken up and let other players do their thing as well.

One simple way is round-the-table turns at scene framing, so that each player gets his preferred chance to shine. I suspect, however, that you guys are already a step ahead of me on that technique or similar ones.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

John Harper

I don't want to muddy the waters here, but I have to ask:

If Jason was not Nestor's opponent in the conflict, how can Jason inflict harm on Nestor with the points? Can't you only hurt characters that you have declared as opponents?

And if he was Nestor's opponent, then Nestor would have captures his points.

Or am I missing something?
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: John Harper on October 11, 2006, 05:30:17 PM
I don't want to muddy the waters here, but I have to ask:

If Jason was not Nestor's opponent in the conflict, how can Jason inflict harm on Nestor with the points? Can't you only hurt characters that you have declared as opponents?

And if he was Nestor's opponent, then Nestor would have captures his points.

Or am I missing something?

There were three simultaneous conflicts: Jason vs. Nestor, Jason vs. Sarpedon, Jason vs. Philoctetes. I, playing Nestor, was the overall winner. As the overall winner, I collected points from my opponent first, so I collected my points from Jason. Since Nestor was not opposed to Sarpedon or Philoctetes, he could not collect their points.

Jason beat Sarpedon and Philoctetes. He took points from them. The question, then, was whether Jason could use the points against Nestor, of if he only had the option to use  the points against Sarpedon and Philoctetes.

John Harper

Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!