News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Secret of Shattering (and related Secrets)-- What about harm?

Started by shadowcourt, October 07, 2006, 12:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowcourt

Okay, so here's something which has come up in my group. The Secret of Shattering is a good example of what we're concerned about, so I'll use it as an example.

The implication around the Secret of Shattering was always, as I understood it, that it could be used during BDTP without changing your intention. Naturally, it required you to "win" the round of BDTP.

My question is: In addition to dealing damage to the weapon (thanks to the Vigor spent), do you also end up inflicting harm on your opponent? Or does all of the "harm" go to the weapon itself, potentially lining you up for easier future attacks, but not harming your opponent?

This is especially pertinent in the world of TSOY v1.0, where Stay Up checks and the like were always a danger if you were harmed in a round. I'm not sure if that's still the case with TSOY 2.0.

Thoughts anyone? Clinton, care to share? I know you've expressed before that you sometimes consider this a "dinosaur" Secret, a holdover from TSOY's earlier/grungier combat write-up, but it'd be helpful to see what other people are ruling about this.

-shadowcourt (aka josh)