News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

And somewhere, Mike Holmes' ears burned. . .

Started by Joel P. Shempert, October 08, 2006, 02:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel P. Shempert

So I sat down to explain/describe roleplaying the other day with my girlfriend. I laid out the basics of four systems, D&D3E, Big Eyes Small Mouth, Heroquest, and PTA, to kinda give an overview of diversity across the hobby (Yeah, I know, if I weren't so indie-ign'rant I coulda showed her far more diversity than that). After showing her Heroquest, I was talking about a lot of the cool ramifications of HQ's mechanics (freely cribbed, I admit, from numerous posts around here, mostly by a certain mister Holmes), such as using varied inputs to tailor outputs, and giving mechanical weight to the things that are important to a character. . .and she cut in--I swear, with no coaching or leading from me--with "and another great thing is that  failure can be just as interesting as success!"

I love this woman.

And HeroQuest.

And Mike Holmes.

But, uh, different ways. Really.

That's all.

Peace,
-Joel
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.

Der_Renegat

well considering i read somewhere that Mike is now a HQ evangelist, i think your love is most holy... O:-)

Christian

Mike Holmes

Thanks. :-)

If I'm an evangelist (and, OK, as MOLAD Demo Team Lead US, I suppose I am officially one), then I should take this opportunity to say once more before this forum is closed, that I love all of you great players, too, and that if any of you want to become part of MOLAD, you should contact me offline here, and let me know.

Joel, so I assume you proposed to this girl right on the spot? If not, hie thee hence, and do so post haste! She's obviously a woman of uncommon perspicacity. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Joel P. Shempert

Well, since we're already planning on getting married, no. Obviously, I chose well. :)
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.