News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS T-Shirts

Started by Jake Norwood, May 17, 2002, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

We've had growing interest in TROS t-shirts (hell, we want 'em). So here's my question...

What should it look like? How much would you pay for them (so I can decide if I want to use multiple colors or not). I'm thinking a black shirt with white ink, but which picture from the book (or whatever), and what should be on the back (if anything), etc.

jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Clinton R. Nixon

Jake,

I actually think multiple colors would be kind of annoying. It always sounds like a good idea, but in my experience, it becomes a shirt that I'd rarely wear. I'd go with a black shirt with the RoS logo in white on the front. I'd also do the opposite - make a white shirt with a black RoS logo. (I, for one, never wear black t-shirts: I rarely wear anything but white ones.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ace

I agree with Clinton on the color selection.  Black or White, you can't grow wrong there.

As to the look how about "What is The Riddle of Steel" with the words Riddle of Steel done as the front emblem of the book.
Thats way if someone sees it at a convention, martial arts training, movie fest  or whever they can get the question stuck in their mind.

It will remind some folks of the Conan movie but that is a good thing, get em asking and you might amke a convert. Plus it has kind of a cool philospohical twist to it...

As to costs and all Keep them under $20, $12-14.95 would be better if it makes you money.

BTW Have you gone here
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/index.aspx

They do custom mugs, shirts and all sorts of geat for a number of gaming companies including I belive Adept Press

Bankuei

As someone who used to do screen printing for a living:

1) go with single colors(it's way cheaper)
2) always print dark on light, not light on dark(unless you want to pay for an extra color)
3) Try not to give the printers artwork with really fine lines/crosshatching, greytones, etc, unless you want the art to look like shit.

I'm fond of "Seek the Riddle, Find the Answer" bit on the back of the book.
:P

Chris

Jake Norwood

Ok, use the logo, use the slogan, do one color...

But what about the picture...
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Jake NorwoodOk, use the logo, use the slogan, do one color...

But what about the picture...

Well, personally, I'm fond of the picture from the book (and it was one of the three you included for the GM screen alternate covers) of the woman who is down with arrows sticking into her (mountains in the background), but that's just me I guess :-)

It's pretty hard to predict how many you should have made up; if made-to-order isn't too expensive I would go with that. If you have to make them up in advance, make sure you go with the larger sizes - in my experience, gamers tend to be bigger guys :-)
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Henry Fitch

I have to speak out on behalf of the black shirt. If it's only available in white, I'm only going to wear it to sleep in.
formerly known as Winged Coyote

Lance D. Allen

I say the logo on the left breast in the front, and the whole knotwork image from the website index on the back...  But that's just me.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Casey Goddard

I like the hand holding the bloody and broken sword it has a cool look to it that really captures the essence of tRoS.

Rattlehead

I don't know how well it would look on a T-shirt, but the picture on page 100 (bad-ass with crossed arms) is great. I also like the "Seek the Riddle. Find the Answer." bit. As for colors, white on black would be better in my opinion, but I'm sure black on white would be fine too. I also agree that some sort of knotwork would be good.

Brandon
Grooby!

Jhilahd

I don't know that I'd use an image at all.

Most line art(dependant upon size) will get mushy looking if it is too fine.

The logo and the "slogan" will be more than enough to garner attention and possible questions. Remember, less is more.

But that's just the Graphic Designer in me. ;D

Jhilahd
"So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me."
-Romans 7:21

Jake Norwood

Point taken. I think we'll go with the logo, slogan, and perhaps the big knot, maybe with a sword...

Now, how many of you want one? I need to have an idea of how many I should get to sell online.

Jake

Lance D. Allen

Gimme a price and a place to send my money, Jake.

Oh.. And I'd like the black shirt.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Rattlehead

Yeah, I'd be interested. As long as I can afford it, I'd love to get one. Any idea yet on the price?

Brandon
Grooby!

Ace

Quote from: Jake NorwoodPoint taken. I think we'll go with the logo, slogan, and perhaps the big knot, maybe with a sword...

Now, how many of you want one? I need to have an idea of how many I should get to sell online.

Jake

Sorry Jake I doubt you will sell me oneI don't wear "gamer" realted clothes or T Shirts in general. Good luck though, hope you make a bundle