News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Setting Design Challenge

Started by Frank T, November 07, 2006, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyLovesRPG

Hello,

This whole process is becoming a chore. The subject of the thread is "Setting Design Challenge". Furthermore, we are required to pick an existing game system. Originally, it was 10,000 words to be submitted by the end of the year. Let's do it. I think the challenge is to stop quibbling over the judgment criteria and actually put the energy into creating a setting. Some power-gamers (and you've met some) put forth little effort, ride the rules, never face challenges and whine if they lose. Is that same thing happening now?

Let's just write and submit them. We'll judge them later. Get honest feedback and hopefully we'll come out of this with some really great settings. I think that's a winning situation for everyone. Since the game-system is already defined, we're not going to get bored with dice, trait and conflict resolution minutiae. Its all about original, exciting game settings.

I'll continue to read this thread; however, the next thing I post here will be my original setting for the d6 System by WEG. That's my plan and I'm sticking with it.

Good night and good luck.

Troy

Ben Lehman

I think that if we're worried about someone writing 100,000 words in a month, we're being more than a little unrealistic.

That's okay, though.

Frank, do you have a final sense of the rules, yet?  Any start date?

yrs--
--Ben

Frank T

Rules: 10,000 words maximum, use an existing game system, submit till the end of this year, period.

Starting date: Um, today, I guess. I'll start a new thread with the final rules as soon as I find the time. (Job eat life, y'know.)

- Frank

StefanS

Frank,

would you mind to expand the contest period till end of January? With only 6 weeks during exam stress and christmas time, I can't promise anything (although I would try it anyway).

- Stefan