News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Trollbabe] Two-player GMful play?

Started by GreatWolf, November 15, 2006, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

On another forum, a discussion has broken out, recommending two-player GMless games.  Along the way, someone mentioned Trollbabe.

This sparked a thought for me.  Honestly, it seems like the Trollbabes are rarely (if ever) in the same scene.  So, would it be possible to do a two-player "GMful" game of Trollbabe?  What I actually mean here is that each player plays a Trollbabe and does GM duty for the other Trollbabe.  This would extend to prepwork and everything  So, Player B runs a scene for Trollbabe A.  Then Player A runs a scene for Trollbabe B.  While the two players won't have necessarily collaborated on their prep, they will have the opportunity in-game to play off each other, weaving the other player's GM contributions into his own GM work.

So, I'd like to ask two questions.  First, can anyone see any fundamental problems with this?  Second, has anyone actually done this?  If so, how did it go?  Any insight to share?

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Darren Hill

I think John Harper ought to be able to say something about that...

I've done this, with four players, each player acting as a GM for the player to their left, and going round the table a scene at a time. It worked very well.