News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

the hard facts about art!!

Started by BillT, November 22, 2006, 03:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

And just an interesting note, as of 14 posts and several days: the thread has just topped 331 views, several of which I know come from myself reading, not to mention posters such as Ron and David, as well as Grey most recently, who have relied multile times. Over 300 "supporting e-mails" then is nigh impossible anyway, not that any of us gave it any credibility in the first place. Were he right, that would mean that every single person other than those who posted in disagreement of his tactic wrote him and supported him, and even that falls short.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Jake Richmond

It's this kind of ignorance that has driven me from doing freelance RPG work for larger publishers. Sadly, Bill is a fine representative of many people working in "mainstream" gaming today. There are plenty of small publishers that I work with on a regular basis who pay me a fair price (up front) and who treat me honestly. Bill should be ashamed of himself for suggesting that anyone should work for free. And even more ashamed for suggesting that Larry Elmore is a pinnacle for which any of us should strive.

QuoteIf you spend thirty years as a professional in an industry that requires writing and reading as much as our hobby does, you do not have the the spelling and grammar of a 13-year old grade schooler. That's pretty much the litmus test right there.

He may have worked for White Wolf.

Jake

Larry L.

Quote from: Ron Edwards on November 22, 2006, 11:12:43 PM
3. "A bunch of other people agree with me that you (Ron) are a mean guy!"

Good for them, and for you. Perhaps you can all have a t-shirt made.

Will this work?

Hard Facts About Ron!!

Clyde L. Rhoer

Ha. Ha. Ha. Talk about something that would serve as an inside joke. Where do I buy that shirt?
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

Ron Edwards

You know guys, the humor was a good release, but I think we've hit a limit of some kind (don't know what, too early). So let's call it done.

That's a pretty funny shirt, but maybe a little too much at "BillT's" expense, I guess.

Best, Ron