News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dice Castles -- not a RPG, but it's my damn forum. :)

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, June 15, 2001, 12:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared A. Sorensen

http://memento-mori.com/dice">Dice Castles is my new (free) dice game.  Rules and examples of play are given but I left some stuff out (eek!):

At any time, you may re-roll any of your dice.

You can stack a die atop 3 or more dice if the numbers add up properly (ie: a "4" stacked onto a 2x2 block of "1's" is legal as long as the "4" is touching the other 4 dice below it).

You can also put different numbered dice next to one another if they are "joined" by a stacked die.  For example, the following two stacks are legal (_'s are placeholders):

___ [3]
[2][2][1][1]

___ [3]
__ [2][1]
[2][2][1][1]

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Don Lag

Sounds fun.. but shouldn't the leftmost [2] on the second floor of the last example require that his first floor base add 2? 2 +1 = 3
Sebastian Acuña

Jared A. Sorensen

Nope...it's just crappy formatting.  For example, when a Two is on top of another Two, it's 2+0 because the top 2 isn't touching any other dice beneath.

So in the example:
___ [3]
__ [2][1]
[2][2][1][1]

Top row: 3 (three is on top of two and one (2+1))
Middle row: 21 (two is on directly on top of two (2+0), one is directly on top of one (1+0))
Bottom row: 2211

Zak Arntson

Jared ... try sticking a
 tag around yer text you want to fix-width.

I couldn't figure out your rules clarification until I read the text that said where each die was ...

Anyhow, looks like a fun game.  I will have to teach my niece & nephew this one ...
>

james_west

-SOMEBODY- spends way too much time fiddling with their dice during games ... :smile:

Fun, simple idea.

Jared A. Sorensen

Actually, I was on the boat (commuting home from work) and it just popped into my head. :smile: