News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Silverscreen Adventures ;)

Started by 1000buffalo, December 20, 2006, 01:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1000buffalo

So, I've had this idea rattling around in my head for a few months, and thought I'd put it out there.

I have a vision of a little companion book for PTA called "Silverscreen Adventures" or something to that effect.  Red cover and staplebound, but otherwise matching the PTA book.  Yea, I know ... I daydream in terms of finished product.  ;)

The point would be some material which addresses using PTA in a more one-shot / movie style.  Basically, an expansion on the material on pilot episodes in PTA, with more discussion on how a movie would differ from a tv show.

It's both at odds with PTA's ensemble cast, tv series approach (movies generally being lead and supporting characters), and yet I can't help but think that it's solidly do-able.

Matt Wilson

I've thought of that a couple times. More likely it'd be material included in a Primetime Adventures Companion, along with tips and tricks and all that kind of stuff.

John made two covers for the current book, and since I agonized (note the word agon is in there) over which color to choose, I'd probably use the orange version for the otherwise hypothetical companion.

chrisn

I've wanted to run/evangelize PtA in a local cons, but realized that it wouldn't play out. Having a SSA addendum would be great IMHO.