News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Watership TSoY

Started by Jason Morningstar, January 18, 2007, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Morningstar

Hey friends,

I'm going to use TSoY to run a Bunnies and Burrows event at Camp Nerdly One.*

Here's a .pdf of the Abilities, Secrets, and Keys I'll be using.  I'd love to get some feedback on this stuff, particularly the abilities.  Can you see a rabbit doing anything for which these won't be useful?

*Best sentence ever

Steve Segedy

Awesome.  This brings back fond memories. 

For specific feedback, check your standard Secrets and Keys non-genre language- it looks like Specialty and Flying Leap still have TSOY standard lines ("multiple of normal human ability").  You might also want to explain Iron Claw, as Imbuement isn't in this list.

What about a "Secret of Stature" for all the Bigwigs in the warren?
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach and Grey Ranks, available now at IPR!

Jason Morningstar

Good catch, Steve.  I did a find and replace for "people" but not "human".

Stature as in prestige?  Is that not covered? 

Steve Segedy

Sorry, I meant stature as in size.  Bigwig was... well, big, which was an important aspect of the character.
The Shab-al-Hiri Roach and Grey Ranks, available now at IPR!

Clinton R. Nixon

This is totally my favorite thing I've seen in a while, Jason. I can't wait to play this at Nerdly.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jason Morningstar

I ran a one-shot using this last night and it went great!  "Tell" needs some work; maybe it becomes "Sway".  There also needs to be "Groom" and "Watch" needs to become, or be augmented by, "Listen".

But otherwise it worked very well and we had a great time.  It was like any other TSoY session - I just made sure everybody had keys pointed at each other and we were off to the races.  It actually felt like a Richard Adams story, and the stuff I poached from three-corner magic was especially cool. 

crowyhead

Oh my god, this is so awesome!!  I would really love to run this -- I am totally back in sixth grade writing Watership Down fanfic with my friend Teresa. :)