News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Forge Midwest 2007] Official thread, Part 1 of 2

Started by Matt Snyder, January 31, 2007, 12:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Quote from: GreatWolf on February 01, 2007, 12:22:04 AM
This is me, putting in a word for 20-22.  I know that I don't have the same pull as Jake, although a Dust Devils reunion would be cool.  (GenCon 2002...)

Hey, for the record, there's no guarantee I can make it on either day. Please don't take my availability too far into consideration. I'll do what I can to get there whenever, if I can.

I still plan on going to Origins, too, Luke! Tell me you'll be there, man!

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Mike Holmes

I think that any structure we did have was chucked, as Clyde says. But, that said, I also think that I played with different people on every single game. Not 100%, but it certainly wasn't the same group over and over. Not sure how we accomplished that, precisely. But it seemed to work to me, at least.

Further, and people should correct me if this impression is wrong, but due to the freeform nature I think that nobody ever was without a game to play. I didn't see anyone wandering around looking to get in a game. Everyone was playing all the time.

(I should note that I was only there on Saturday).

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

coffeestain

Mike,

Not everyone was playing all the time last con.

I'd love to see more structure, and either weekend would work well for me!

Regards,
Daniel

Tim C Koppang

Not that this is a vote, but I'm pulling for the earlier set of dates. Way too much going on in late April for the 21st/22nd to be feasible for me. But that's just me; and I don't expect special consideration.

I also vote for more structure, or at least a combination of planned *and* unplanned events.

- Tim

jenskot

I'm extremely social but I didn't have any idea about half the games last Forgecon and there were several I would have liked to have had a chance to play in if I knew beforehand. I also didn't know most the people attending.

I would be down for a "Get Vincent Out There" fund. I'll put in $20 right now. Even if you pick a date I can not attend (I can only do the later date).

greyorm

I have no preference for the when nor the where. I should hopefully be able to take a couple days off in April in order to attend, but I will really only know for certain once we get closer to March.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Jason L Blair

April 20-22 would be the best dates for me. Otherwise, I'll only be there in spirit.

I had a blast last year but I was fairly removed from the processes of running it but, from my casual perspective, things worked out well.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Blankshield

When will the date be solid, for those of us wanting to book flights?

If it's soon, I can get onto a relatively cheap & direct flight.  The closer April gets, the higher the price gets, and the direct flights sell out early, leaving me with eeeevil connecting flights.

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Troy_Costisick

Quote from: Blankshield on February 06, 2007, 08:54:54 PM
When will the date be solid, for those of us wanting to book flights?

If it's soon, I can get onto a relatively cheap & direct flight.  The closer April gets, the higher the price gets, and the direct flights sell out early, leaving me with eeeevil connecting flights.

James

Not to mention it'd be good to make hotel reservations soon as well.

Peace,

-Troy

Matt Snyder

The official date is April 20-22.

I'm still working on hotels -- haven't found a great option yet in Rosemont. They're either booked or too expensive. Working on it!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

I'd like to start scheduling my arrival and departure times.  When are most other people going to show up on Friday and when do most of you plan to leave on Sunday?

Peace,

-Troy

Blankshield

Eric (Harlequin) and I will be hitting the ground around 5:30 and leaving Sunday after supper.  Last year I arrived late Friday and left early Sunday and while I had a blast while I was there, it sucked to be leaving when everyone else was sitting down to game.

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

GamerChick

I see the date is settled (April 20-22nd), but the location is still being scouted.

I'd like to put in a vote for structure to the extent of time slots, at least, so that people know that games start at 9, 2 and 7 (or whatever).  I'm not a designer, but would be interested in running Cat.  And playing just about anything...

I also would be happy to contribute to get Vincent and Meg out there.  Just tell me where to Paypal (or mail) the bucks!

Jae Walker

Nev the Deranged

I'm down with structure as well. Although some unstructured time might not be bad... but hey, I'm gonna be there no matter what, so it's all good.

I also would be willing to chip in what I can to help Vincent & Meg attend. It's just not a party without 'em *g*

Especially if there might be some Mechaton going down...

steinomite

skokie would be cool since I live there. But really its not that far from there to Rosemont--15-20 minutes tops.

anyway I can get more information on who or what this is as I'm a newbie and am really looking for a con to check out in my area this spring?

Jeff