News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Heads of State] playtest call for Feb-March 07

Started by redivider, February 02, 2007, 11:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redivider

Hi,

I have posted playtest files http://www.headsofstate.net/?page_id=6 of the games from my series Heads of State: nine short games about tyrants. The game files, plus an intro to the series, sampling of dictator facts, and tyrant/character sheet, will be available for approximately the next two months. I'm looking for any and all playtest or other feedback.

The nine games explore the strange, sinister world of dictators. Each game provides a different angle on tyrants and tyranny:

•   In As I Lay Dying, the stricken Tyrant flashes back to episodes from his long, eventful life.
•   In Coup d' État, a junta of colonels vie to seize power.
•   In Crimes against Humanity, the international community prosecutes the defeated Tyrant.
•   In Disappeared, friends and family unravel the fate of a missing person.
•   In New Edition, party officials revise the biography of the late Tyrant.
•   In Palace Gates, curious citizens explore the Tyrant's residence soon after his death.
•   In Rest & Relaxation, exiled Tyrants comment on news from home.
•   In Sic Semper Tyrannus, a secret conspiracy tries to assassinate the Tyrant.
•   In Subversive Words, a dissident writer struggles to complete a work about the Tyrant – while characters from the writer's imagination act out the story.

The games are seperate and complete in themselves so you can play one without ever seeing any of the others. But they are also designed as a series and I encourage folks to try a couple using the same dictator so you build upon and reinterpret your tyrant.

They are all designed to play in single sessions and all playtests to date have taken between 1 hour and 2 1/2 hours.

thanks

mark
www.headsofstate.net