News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Under the Bed is now back under your bed!

Started by Joshua A.C. Newman, May 03, 2006, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua A.C. Newman

Under the Bed, second edition is now available from the glyphpress site!

The new cards are smaller (2.25" x 3.5") and some rules have been refined (The game now goes to four favorite, not six, and the endgame is clarified). A variant mentioned on this board and others has been integrated (what happens to the child now?).

Thanks for the many Under the Bed players who gave feedback that altered this second edition!
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

Joshua A.C. Newman

There are now no outstanding order for Under the Bed. If you ordered one from me (not from Indie Press Revolution, but from the glyphpress website) and you haven't gotten it in a few days, please let my know by PM!

Euro customers, please wait a while longer. If you're Kaare Berg or Martin Mertens, let's all cross our fingers.

b00jum

It looks potentially interesting, but I have no links to actual play and the website (http://www.glyphpress.com/UtB/) is minimal with no real description of the game.  I can't even find a link to a review or anything in these forums (though I may not be looking hard enough).

help?

/b00jum

Christoph Boeckle

Regards,
Christoph

Joshua A.C. Newman

Thanks, Christoph.

I thought I'd already replied to Comrade Boojum. It looks like not!

matthijs

For those of us who have the 1. edition, could you elaborate on the endgame clarifications & the variant?

Joshua A.C. Newman

Whoop, hey, I never answered this.

I don't think there are any mechanical differences between the first and second editions. I corrected some hazy grammar, if I recall, and I reformatted it to fit human hands better.

Edit: play is now to four Favorite, rather than six. It makes the game shorter and punchier.