News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Where do I post Promotions? I have a little rpg 'zine I'd like to promote.

Started by BabbageCliologic, February 20, 2007, 04:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabbageCliologic

Hello!

Where do I post Promotions? I have a 2 page rpg 'zine that I'd like to promote.

Thanks!

/BC
Check out One Thousand and One Nights and One Night, a free role-playing game campaign design 'zine available in PDF. Issue #14 available now.

BabbageCliologic

I hesitate to include the info as I do not wish to offend the Mods! :)

Help!

/BC
Check out One Thousand and One Nights and One Night, a free role-playing game campaign design 'zine available in PDF. Issue #14 available now.

BabbageCliologic

Updated my .sig file to include my rpg 'zine info but would like to promote it with a formal Promo thread.

/BC

Ron Edwards

Hello,

The answer to your question is that you don't promote your zine at the Forge, at least not through announcements of this kind. The Forge is not a news site nor a bulletin board. All is not lost, however.

Here's how to make it work. The first step is participating here as a quality member with a strong commitment to the community's shared goals as well as your own, developed, and useful point of view. If you utilize and demonstrate the quality of your zine in your posts, then people will click the link in your signature and check it out. In fact, if your posts here are interesting and helpful to people, then they'll click the link even if you aren't talking about your zine at all.

Best, Ron

BabbageCliologic

Quote from: Ron Edwards on February 21, 2007, 07:58:49 AM
Hello,

The answer to your question is that you don't promote your zine at the Forge, at least not through announcements of this kind. The Forge is not a news site nor a bulletin board. All is not lost, however.

Here's how to make it work. The first step is participating here as a quality member with a strong commitment to the community's shared goals as well as your own, developed, and useful point of view. If you utilize and demonstrate the quality of your zine in your posts, then people will click the link in your signature and check it out. In fact, if your posts here are interesting and helpful to people, then they'll click the link even if you aren't talking about your zine at all.

Best, Ron

Thank you!

I've actually been reading the Forge (and posting a bit) for a while now. I've also bought several of the games that have forums on this site, including yours.

Now that I know the rules, using my .sig will work well.

THanks again!

/BC