News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Is there a summary of "How you spend points"?

Started by hix, March 02, 2007, 12:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hix

Hi Matt,

I've borrowed Nine Worlds off a friend recently, and am really enjoying it. Hoping to give it a spin at a mini-con next weekend.

I think the cheat sheet for conflict resolution is fantastic - simple and easy to follow. I'm looking for something like that, for the players to keep track of how they can spend points after "who won the round" has been resolved.

I guess, ideally, what I'm looking for is a 'complete' guide to the conflict resolution process that integrates the option to spend Valor or Pride to trump, and all the other points spending stuff, as well.

Does anything like that exist already?
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

hix

Hi Matt,

QuoteI'm looking for [a cheat sheet] for the players, to show them how they can spend points after "who won the round" has been resolved. ... [something] that integrates the option to spend Valor or Pride to trump, and all the other points spending stuff, as well.

I'm going to be running a 9 Worlds one-off game on September 30. Thought I'd bump this thread*, and see whether you knew whether anyone had done anything like this.

* It was at the top of the second page.
Cheers,
Steve

Matt Snyder

There is currently no such document, but it's a fantastic idea. I'll be working on updating the Player's Kit in coming weeks to incorporate this. No hard deadlines just yet as the day job is back to its occasional tricks of giving me an increasingly receding hairline.

Maybe I can Chaos Urge my workload sometime soon? Nah.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

hix

Thanks Matt. If I pull something a document for this test-run, I'll it to you.
Cheers,
Steve