News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSoY] Know Truth: "asked of her"?

Started by Moreno R., March 09, 2007, 12:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreno R.

Page 136, Divination Secrets, Know Truth:

"Your character can know the answer to any question asked of her. The GM will determine the clarity of these answers by your success levels"

Could you please elaborate on this? What exactly this secret do? And what does it mean "asked of her"?

Thanks!
Ciao,
Moreno.

(Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.)

oliof

It's a bit archaic for "Your character can know the answer to any question she is asked", my english dictionary says. Basically, the character can act as an oracle. I think this is worded a bit sketchy because divination always is subject to group aesthetics.

Here's how I'd do it, inspired by the divination rules in the artesia rpg. The ability check generates a pool of bonus dice the character can award to actions that she deems applicable to her divination. On a failure, the GM get's a pool of penalty dice the size of the character's divination ability to hinder actions applicable to the divination. The player chooses her answer accordingly. Bonus and penalty dice can be requested by the group.

Subsequent visits to diviners regarding the same subject will likely get penalty dice to start. The fates don't like to be asked the same thing over and over.

Yes, this means highly skilled divinators will bring great doom upon you if the fates don't like what you're asking for. And it will make for nicely oracular answers.

And of course, in high risk questions, a diviner may opt not to make the ability check and tell the signs are inconclusive.