Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2022, 08:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 87 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Action-Reaction Unit?  (Read 5459 times)
Ludanto

« on: March 16, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »

Hey, maybe I'm just dense, but I totally don't get this.

Apparently, Tony says that you can't stake/split between your Action and your Reaction, that they are a whole unit and staking/splitting can only happen before the Action or after the Reaction. http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=19894.0

Having looked at the rules on page 25, I totally don't see it.  As a matter of fact, it would seem that the opposite is true.

The last paragraph actually says that that you can't stake/split during a reaction, and that you can only stake/split immediately before or after your action.

I mean, if Tony says it's so, then it's so, but I'm sure that it will come up if I introduce this game to friends, and they're going to want to see the rules.

Any insight on this?  Is there any reason why the rules are better this way?

Circumstances: [Lost] [Unprepared]
Ludanto

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:55:29 PM »

Bah!  Stupid post-a-majig!  One of these has got to go.  Sorry.

Stefan / 1of3

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »

The problem I see is that during a reaction only the die can be rolled that was used during the action. If I could split the '5' I rolled during my action, the option to react would be quite worthless for my opponents.
Ludanto

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »

I'm not sure if that makes any difference.  The questions isn't whether or not I can split before the other players can react, but whether or not I can split before I react.

Ludanto

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 03:36:27 PM »

Sorry, just now thought of this...

I was thinking that it was: Stake/Split > Action > Reaction > Stake/Split > Other Players' Reactions

But maybe it should be: Stake/Split > Action > Reaction > Other Players' Reactions > Stake/Split

Is the latter more correct?

TonyLB

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:00:30 AM »

The latter is, indeed, more correct.

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum
Ludanto

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 07:44:43 AM »

Thanks!

Great game, but gawd-awful difficult to puzzle out from the text sometimes Smiley

TonyLB

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:11:12 AM »

Yeah ... sorry 'bout that.  Still honing my skills as a designer and writer, I'm afraid.  Probably always will be.

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: