News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Issue of Compel Rates

Started by Ian O'Rourke, April 16, 2007, 04:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian O'Rourke

Okay, first SotC session coming in about a month, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy with the characters and all is going well. I think everyone will enjoy the game, even if we don't get maximum use out of the aspects first time around (say 70%).

The area I see being the most difficult initially is the compels. I see this is probably the most important part of the game really, as everyone can envisage invokes and wants to use invokes, but keeping the compels coming to match the invokes I'm seeing might be an issue. Not a show stopper, but just a niggle.

You can't have everyone's story aspects in every adventure, so that usually closes a few out for people, I'm not sure how you can have a high compel rate during every combat, so that sort of leaves dramatic stuff in other scenes, which is fine, but how many compels actually come?

I'm just wondering what the experience factor is in people's games on the compel rate and the sort of ways that came about?
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

iago

Given the degree of reading that this forum gets (minimal), this question's best asked over on the Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FateRPG

Ian O'Rourke

Thanks. I shall investigate that.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.