News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Solar Storms] Setting Bash...

Started by Xeriar, April 21, 2007, 04:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeriar

I'm... not entirely sure if this belongs here or in First Thoughts, if this doesn't belong here, I apologize.  It actually passed first thoughts nearly two years ago now, and there's quite a bit of material. Basically, I'm looking for a criticism of the setting, before I actually do the game mechanics again.  You can find the website here:

http://wiki.anenris.com/Solar_Storms

In a nutshell, it's a transhumanist setting with a focus on, for lack of a better term, what that means.  There's a mystical overlay on top of that, while I try to keep the thing a harder sci-fi than most interstellar settings.  I've come to like the blend the setting has offered, and would like to see whether or not it's a bias of mine.

So, my questions!

1: Most important - what seems shallow? Things that feel contrived, ill thought out, and so on? Do the aliens that aren't supposed to be human, seem sufficiently alien?

2: What lacks detail? Red links that should be blue, words that should be links, and simply places where more information is most desired. Some of this is going to depend on the rules as they unfold, however.

3: Is there anything that you expect something like this to have (besides a system) that it is currently missing? Plot points that you feel have been missed, technologies gone unconsidered (or that you otherwise think deserve notice), and so on.

4: Finally, what doesn't engage you? Could you give a reason why?

Thank you for your time.
Solar Storms - a science fantasy setting that will eventually become an RPG.