News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Galactic] Doubt?

Started by Georgios Panagiotidis, May 21, 2007, 05:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgios Panagiotidis

Hi Matt,

I'm gearing up for our Galactic game tonight, but I can't quite figure out how Doubt works. From the example on page 54 it seems that the GM re-rolls his Doubt dice, if he lost them during the conflict. And that they also inflict Trauma (like Trust dice do) on the respective crew-member. Is that right?

Also, is it possible for the Captain to somehow reduce the number of Doubt dice the GM gets from a crewmember? The example seems to vaguely imply as much ("...no more doubt for Bari."), but there's no other reference to it in the text.

Five tons of flax!
I started a theory blog in German. Whatever will I think of next?

Matt Wilson

Hey Georgios,

Thanks for taking a look so far. That text is actually a misprint. It shouldn't say "no more doubt." It should say "one less doubt."

Here's a recap of how players gain and lose trust and doubt and trauma:

• When the captain wins the crew agenda of a conflict, he or she gains +1 trust for the relevant crewmember.
  • When the captain loses the crew agenda of a conflict, the GM gains +1 doubt for the relevant crewmember.
  • When a trust die comes up as impaired, the crewmember gains +1 trauma, and the trust is reduced by -1.
  • When a doubt die comes up as impaired, the crewmember gains +1 trauma, and the doubt is reduced by -1.
  • When the crew player's d8 comes up impaired, the crewmember gains +1 trauma.

The 5 on that d8 is what does it. The other die, which comes up a 4, does nothing.

Hope that helps. The final version will have a nice table that recaps gain and loss just like I did here.