News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A New System for Martial Arts Fighting (split)

Started by Hereward The Wake, May 22, 2007, 07:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereward The Wake

I too would have liked to see more on it.
From my point, it seemed that it was going from a very specific approach whiich while intersting was outside of my view of how combat can be run hence my ideas dired up, but I would like to see more thoughts.

Best
JW
Above all, Honour
Jonathan Waller
Secretary EHCG
secretary@ehcg.net
www.ehcg.net

Ron Edwards

The above post was split from A new system for martial arts fighting.

That thread was closed by me. Do not post to closed threads. It violates the rule of law which governs the Forge and devalues the posts of every other person here.

JW, if you wanted to continue discussing the topic, all you had to do was start a new thread. When I close a thread, it does not mean "shut up about the topic." It only means, "do not post to this one again."

Your new thread could have been in First Thoughts as you continued to muse over the notion regarding ideas of your own. It could have been in Actual Play if you related it to actual experiences of yours, perhaps ones in which such a mechanic would have been a good idea.

If you really were interested in more discussion of the topic, then reflect upon the reason for that interest (game design, play experiences) and post in that context. All of which is relevant, legal, interesting, and valuable. You have all the room in the world to contribute constructively about something that interests you, in a new thread, in the right place.

Please feel free to use this thread for further discussion if you can provide a valid First Thoughts basis of your own for doing so. Or start a new one in Actual Play if you'd like, with a similar valid foundation suitable for that forum.

Do not reply concerning the thread-split or to complain about the original closure or about my moderating. If anyone wants to do that, they can start a thread in Site Discussion or send me a private message.

Best, Ron