News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Spellslinger expansion

Started by SPELLSLINGER, July 10, 2007, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPELLSLINGER

I got a RPG today that uses the d20 system, and thought of an expansion showing a war between the humans and werewolf-like gray runners. i also thought of adding an indian class. What do you think?

Finarvyn

I guess I would want to see more details of what you plan before I knew if it was worthwhile or not. I have a copy of Spellslinger and find it to be an interesting d20 setting, butsince it's not specifically based on any book or other media material it's hard to say which way to expand the game.

I tend to use it more like a resource, taking elements of the book and bringing them into my own campaign rather than building a campaign around it. Perhaps that's just short-sighted of me, so if I could see what you are thinking perhaps I can offer better suggestions or opinions.
Marv (Finarvyn)
Sorcerer * DFRPG * ADRP
I'm mosty responsible for S&W WhiteBox
OD&D Player since 1975

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

Remember, this site is about independent games, and this forum is about design ideas. You can definitely write an independent game using the D20 system, no problem, but I'm not seeing any discussion of a new game so far in this thread. I'm only seeing an "expansion." That's not enough for a topic in this forum.

I strongly encourage you to visit the Actual Play part of the site and post there. I think it'd help you to learn more about what the site's about, and it'd help us know what sort of things would be most useful for you in designing, whether games or expansions.

Best, Ron