News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Open Call] Playtesters needed for new system/setting

Started by Resonantg, July 21, 2007, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resonantg

Hi All;

I am looking for people in the Twin Cities, MN area interested in playtesting a new system and setting.  I am looking to start playtesting in 2-4 weeks (at latest by middle of August, 2007)  The day of the week is open at this time, depending on who can get together when.  I'm leaning towards Wednesdays though. 

I am looking for 2-4 more people to join in this project.

The game is called "Akiniwazi" and is a low fantasy, cinematically supernatural, realistic steam enhanced fantasy world of great spiritual struggle.

<><><>

What is Akiniwazi?

The setting of Akiniwazi began with one question and grew from there:

"What if an isolated culture discovered steam engines but not gunpowder?  What would a society that could make steamships and railroads look like without explosives, guns and cannons?  What changes would occur in the technology because of a pre-renaissance design aesthetic and philosophy?"

The result of this thought experiment was the beginning of Akiniwazi.  The setting then fleshed out based on Native American mythology, Great Lakes Lore, Lumberjack Stories and culture and a Norse/Viking immigrant culture.  All these blended together to create the fantasy world concept we call "Fantasteam".

Akiniwazi is also a setting of struggle in the temporal as well as spiritual world.  A culture of immigrants is struggling to survive against the natives who are bent on destroying them.  The Immigrants are trapped and cannot leave and need to forge their own survival against a whole continent that sees them as a threat on the physical as well as spiritual level.  Their only defense is their technology and their faith in God who has commanded them to conquer the Land.  As for the natives, their way of life has been fatally interrupted and they must fight tooth and nail to preserve their culture, lives and land from the invaders who ignore the rules of their traditional existence and are directly confronting the gods of their people.  Unfortunately, they are doubly cursed.

In the Spiritual realm of Akiniwazi, a war of titanic scale is taking place.  Akiniwazi is a demon-infested land.  They have ruled for millennia over the natives of this continent without contest to their power.  The natives have suffered greatly under their power, and have had their lives warped into backward savagery of blood and violence and sacrifice, keeping them from what they fully could be.  But now, God has sent His Church into their midst, and sealed them there.  Their goal is to carry the spiritual war for the souls of man to the demons and free the land of Akiniwazi from their evil domination.

Please feel free to post, email or PM me if you are interested in joining in this project.

Thanks in advance
MDB
St. Paul, MN

See my game development blog at:     http://resonancepoint.blogspot.com